Monday, June 6, 2011

Waking life extra credit

The movie Waking life is about a boy who has a dream that he can float, but unless he holds on, he will drift away into the sky. When he is grown up, the idea from the dream recurs. After a strange accident, he walks through what may be a dream, flowing in and out of scenarios. He wonders from place to place, stumble upon,observing, and talking with a variety of different people. Who expounds on some topic or relates some story, all the while wondering if he himself is dreaming or dead.
Personally, my overall view of this movie is that it was strange. The movies that we have been watching in class have been making my brain toss and turn. Many scenes in the movie just make me think completely differently about the world we live in today. One of the scene that I liked the most was the scene with Ethan Hawke to the scene with the college professor from Colorado is completely interesting. The only thing that I didn’t really like about this movie was the visual aspect of the film. It was very hard to watch the film. I also thought production of the movie was poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment