Saturday, June 4, 2011

Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland is a movie about a girl who finds herself in a new world when she falls down a rabbit hole. She was sitting outside by a tree during her school lessons when a rabbit runs by saying over and over “I’m late, I’m late, for a very important date.” Her curiosity gets the best of her and she falls down a rabbit hole when trying to follow him. She goes on a very strange journey trying to find the rabbit. From the very beginning when she has to drink potion to shrink to be able to fit through the tiny door, the viewer knows that this movie is going to be full of strange stuff. As she travels though the forest she meets many eccentric characters such as the disappearing Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter, and Twiddle Dum and Twiddle Dee. Alice also went to many exciting and unusual events like an unbirthday party, a crochet match using flamingos, and a trial.

My first reaction to Alice in Wonderland was that the author of this film has a very wild imagination. I could never create all of these characters and adventures off the top of my head. This movie is fun to watch and always has you wondering what crazy characters Alice will run into next. I really enjoyed the scene with at the unbirthday party with the Mad Hatter and the rabbit. These characters are very eccentric because they are celebrating something that happens every day out of the year except for one. They have been nonstop celebrating and are still really excited about it. This scene also has things that catch the viewer off guard like the dormouse in the pot. Most people would scream and jump if there was a mouse on their table, but they act like it is an ordinary thing. This scene also had a cake exploding into the air into fireworks and the mouse floating down from an umbrella singing. This, however, makes me think that there might be something else in that tea that he was drinking. Little things like this always keep the viewer on their toes about what thing will happen next.

This movie fits into the theme of the class because this is about Alice’s dream world. At the end of the film, we learn that this was all a dream of Alice’s when she is awakened by her sister. I think that this was a good ending to the film because while watching the movie I kept thinking to myself, how does Alice not find this strange? She seemed to just accept everything she was seeing as real. I know that if this was me, I would be wondering what was going on. This movie was all in her mind and she entered a new reality when she fell into the rabbit hole. I would recommend watching this movie because it is a fun movie to watch because of all the characters that Alice runs into throughout her journey through Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment